0.2 Released

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 14:40:36 UTC 2011

Good job everyone!

Big thanks to Dave for his tremendous work on fixing all the crappiness,
taking care of stuff and being a good release manager altogether. Everybody
on the team ows him a beer. Except me, because I'm next :P

For those that haven't heard yet, 0.3 is still Nepomuk-free as it turned
out, that 0.2 is rather shit and master/0.3 already pretty much rocks, so
we decided to ship it rather early after 0.2 release. There's a plan to get
to Extragear with 0.3, Dario, who joined us full time now, is taking care
of this and will share more info when appropriate (read: once there will be
any). In the meantime, please hack-away on new features, the freeze will be
here in a month or so. Or at least file a wishes for them. Me and Vishesh
are working on the Nepomuk stuff and hopefully it will be ready for 0.4. We
really need to make that switch already (though there is one critical
feature missing in Nepomuk for this to work, however Sebastian Trueg hopes
he'll be able to finish it for 4.8 final, which is January).

And now....partyyyyy!!!

--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer