New ideas for the presence plasmoid

Francesco Nwokeka francesco.nwokeka at gmail.com
Thu May 26 15:40:09 CEST 2011

Hi guys!
	I'm writing to talk to you about an idea[1] given by Lukas on my blog. As you can see in his
mokup he divided the panel into two parts. On the left my plasmoid (sort of) and on the right a
panel displaying the last conversations with the user's contacts.

Let's take a look at the right panel.

What I would like to do with this panel is display the last line of text sent by a contact. No need
for titles. Only the contact avatar + last message would be displayed. Next to that a "reply"
button. If the user clicks the "reply" button, a text-chat-ui will open up with that user and the
notification in the presence plasmoid would dissapear.

The approver wouldn't need to change as it only shows the last message in a notification area and
asks the user if he/she wants to start a conversation. If the approver isn't clicked, this message
will be stored in a data-engine that acts as a textobserver listing the last lines sent by a contact
for all the user's accounts.

What do you guys say? Any observations? Further ideas?

Francesco