Releasing KDE Telepathy In May

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu May 12 07:40:03 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 23:07, Rohan Garg <rohangarg at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> <snip>
> > Misc:
> >
> > Shadeslayer is working on a new presence selection/dialog editing thing,
> > which looks really pretty cool. I'd like to have this in our first
> release.
> >
> I worked on this tonight and you can see the results here[1] and
> here[2]. The only thing that is left is a) Writing these custom
> statuses to a config file and b) reading from the config file and
> adding the values to the Popup for each and every account. Right now
> i'm having a hard time figuring out what to use as a unique key for
> adding or deleting statuses ( maybe a unique account id + the status
> itself? but that becomes quite huge ). Please let me know what you
> guys think of the dialog there.I'll be pushing my work into a clone
> tomorrow so that you can fully try out the code.
>
> [1] http://i.imgur.com/rMGiY.png
> [2] http://i.imgur.com/VGvcy.png

That dialog has few UI issues. I suggest to put the combobox above the list,
the add presence button right next to it (also don't forget to connect
pressing enter on the combobox), in the second row, below the combobox,
there should be the list with the button again next to it, so those two
buttons are aligned together. Also keep only "Add"/"Remove", so the buttons
are not so big.

Have you done anything with the main presence message input? How does it fit
into this? And different messages per account?

--Marty