Sorry for the spam..

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri May 6 13:22:01 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 6:05 AM, George Kiagiadakis
<kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 11:53 PM, David Edmundson
> <david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
>> I seem to have done something bad with the contact-list git repo.
>>
>> Not sure what I did but now it lists the last 3 commits twice - hence
>> the flood of bug/review messages. We haven't lost any data, not quite
>> sure what I did.
>
> Last 4 commits actually. Somehow you recommited them, either with
> rebase or with filter-branch. Strange...
> And there is also a useless merge commit on top. Please be careful
> when pulling, always use git pull --rebase if you have commited stuff
> on master and you want to sync master with the remote master
> afterwards.

I did a rebase on my local master to fix a commit message on a new
commit, but I'm pretty sure I only edited something that wasn't
pushed. I'll be more careful to triple check in future.

> Anyway, the history can be fixed if we want to, one just needs to get
> temporary karma from one of the sysadmins to do a forced push to
> remove those commits. The only problem is that all people who have
> already updated to the latest master will need to do some adjustments
> to their clone to fix it. Do you want me to try to fix it?

Up to you. At the moment all that's wrong is a slightly weird history.
I don't know how much effort a fix is.

Sorry again

Dave