Adding/Approving/Removing Contacts

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 23:35:06 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:23 AM, George Goldberg
<grundleborg at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 31 March 2011 22:18, George Kiagiadakis <kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:07 AM, George Goldberg
>> <grundleborg at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> However, is the approver actually running all the time? Or is it DBus
>>> activated when needed?
>>
>> Currently, neither. However, it should be activated when needed. As I
>> think of it, whatever component sets accounts online/offline (be it
>> the contact list, the presence plasmoid, or whatever else) should be
>> responsible for activating and deactivating the approver. This can be
>> done by calling kded methods over dbus:
>>
>> $ qdbus org.kde.kded /kded loadModule telepathy_kde_approver
>> $ qdbus org.kde.kded /kded unloadModule telepathy_kde_approver
>
> This worries me a bit. There's going to be all manner of different
> presence plasmoids and other apps using telepathy in future, and I
> don't think we can realistically expect them to take care of starting
> the approver. Perhaps it could be started as part of a KDE session? Or
> it could be a KDED module?

It *is* a KDED module. If we start it as part of the session, the
problem is that if the user chooses to use empathy instead of
telepathy-kde, he will get annoying notifications. I think we have
discussed this in the past and the conclusion was that starting it as
part of the session is a bad idea.