Adding/Approving/Removing Contacts

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 23:18:09 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:07 AM, George Goldberg
<grundleborg at googlemail.com> wrote:
> However, is the approver actually running all the time? Or is it DBus
> activated when needed?

Currently, neither. However, it should be activated when needed. As I
think of it, whatever component sets accounts online/offline (be it
the contact list, the presence plasmoid, or whatever else) should be
responsible for activating and deactivating the approver. This can be
done by calling kded methods over dbus:

$ qdbus org.kde.kded /kded loadModule telepathy_kde_approver
$ qdbus org.kde.kded /kded unloadModule telepathy_kde_approver

> Also, in order to get these invite signals, do we need to have any
> channels open? Or can the daemon which does it just watch the Account
> Manager, and whenever there is a connected account, connect to the
> appropriate signals to be notified when someone adds us?

I think it is sufficient to watch the account manager.