[GSoC]Integration of kde-telepathy into the Plasma Workspace

Rémy Greinhofer remy.greinhofer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 21:15:40 CEST 2011

Hi!

I think what you will try to do with the grid view existed during a short
periof of time in an IM client named synapse.im. The project is now
discontinued, but if you search for pictures (
http://images.google.com/images?q=synapse.im&biw=1280&bih=603), you could
still see it.
I think is it a really nice to have feature.

Rémy

2011/3/29 George Goldberg <grundleborg at googlemail.com>

> On 29 March 2011 16:36, Francesco Nwokeka <francesco.nwokeka at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Document collaboration: an "invite" will be sent from one user to
> another. A
> > new component will have to be created and integrated into kde-telepathy
> > allow users to work on the same document at the same time
>
> Document collaboration is probably about 6 months work just to get the
> basics alone done. You are talking about it here as if it is something
> trivial that can be done in a few days.
>

> > Shared folders: the user will have the possibility to create a shared
> folder
> > per client. Dropbox style
>
> Is this supported at the Telepathy Connection Manager level? I don't
> believe it is, so you'd need to investigate that, and maybe implement
> it. Again, this is probably an entire summer of code project on it's
> own.
>

> > KDE-games: an "invite to game" action will be created for every kde-game
> the
> > user has installed on his/her computer ( as i think they all support
> online
> > gaming ) and an invite will be sent. If the recieving contact doesn't
> have
> > the requested game a response will be sent back telling the user that che
> > contact is missing the game
>
> Likewise - kdegames integration with telepathy would make an entire
> project in itself.

> the

> >> What does this mean?
> >
> > Using Telepathy tubes I was thinking of creating a component in
> > kde-telepathy able to handle collaboration between two users for the same
> > document
>
> How? You need to give details, not just a wishlist of ideas.
> Otherwise, how do we know that you are up to the task?
>
> Please don't be discouraged by this. You just need to be a little more
> focused, and maybe pick just one of these tasks to work on. You also
> need to go into a lot more detail about *how* you intend to implement
> it.
>

> --
> George

Making things better is more fun than complaining about things that are
wrong.