A pre-pre-release of KDE Telepathy

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 13:58:33 CET 2011

Hi all,

As you may be aware the new contact list is in the process of being reviewed
to be moved back into master. It's currently mid-way through review process.

I want to talk about what I want to do with KDE Telepathy, unfortunately
this is slighlty controversial so here goes:

I want to make a pre-pre-release of KDE Telepathy _without_ metacontacts and
nepomuk integration.

At the current rate we're on target to get an early working release out in
Early May - with enough feedback on that to get a better release alongside
KDE 4.7.

I'm not saying anything bad about the KDE lib, or nepomuk integration
daemon, only that it isn't ready yet. Even if it was worked on solidly when
George gets out of his exams with time for building, the extended testing
and updating all our components will slip everything back by 3 months.

It's my belief that if we did wait we'll lose the current momentum and worse
still some of our new devs who are pretty awesome. There's no shame in
adding it in later.

Let me know if you have strong feelings either way.

Also I want to have another general meeting in Early April, I'll ask when
people are free when it gets closer to the date.

Dave