Contact List TODO

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 15:49:37 CET 2011

2011/3/4 David Edmundson <david at davidedmundson.co.uk>

> Thanks very much for doing a list. It really is a great resource when it
> comes to having lots of people hack on the project.
>
> May I add some suggestions to the TODO list:
> - In the model filter - sort contacts by "online-ness"
>
> - In the app allow choose "Group by Account" or "Group By Group"
> - In the app allow "Sort by Name" "Sort by Online-ness"

Ok, I'll add these.

> (personally I think a menu (like File etc in a normal app) is a sensible
> approach for what is the most central app of KDE Telepathy, though I think I
> remember you disagree on this)

Yes, I'd like to give it a try without the menu. I have a pretty good idea
where to put all the needed controls. Should this get too cluttered and/or
confusing for normal user, the menu can be added anytime. But I want to at
least try to make this different. Also, see rekonq or chrome/ium, these also
do not use a toplevel menu and you can still do anything you want ;)

> - In the headings in the delegate show whether an item is expanded or not.

Yes, I just started working on this one.

- Get rid of the vast amount of commented out code. It's confusing and can
> always be restored if it's actually useful.

True. Why didn't I do that already?

> Most importantly:
> - Merge into the main branch
>
> For this I propose when you are happy, perform a mini feature freeze and
> start tidying up code. When you are happy we'll review it as much as
> possible and hopefully get it merged in.

I'd like to sort out a few little things first and if possible, solve the
groupping. After that, I guess it will be ready to merge. The mini feature
freeze is also great, I'll do that sometime next week (probably monday), so
we can start focusing on the existing features.

Marty