Contact List TODO

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 12:08:54 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 11:50, <xzekecomax at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have a few questions. Wouldn't there be a better way of showing a
> connection
> status "Connecting", "Disconnecting", etc?

Yes, I'm working on this right now ;)

> What about menu bar

So far I'm trying to avoid menu bar...there's nothing that can't be put
elsewhere (and to more appropriate place), so I'm planning to leave it out.

> verboseness of the user information

Needs to be implemented

> status bar icon

What icon? Presence status? Just remember you need to show presence for more
than one account...I'm currently working on this too.

> and context menu, the current buttons at
> the top should be placed in a toolbar or something like that, currently it
> can
> not handle "Text only", "Icons only", etc.

It is a toolbar. But with disabled text next to icons. Even now, with only
three icons, you'd need veeery large width to display all the icons with
their text caption. Therefore I disabled it. It's both kind of usability
issue and I think this one is the lesser evil...

I'm willing to take control of "Add contact context menu" (just give me what
> should be shown in there and I'll begin writing it), the toolbar suggestion
> in
> the previous paragraph and the status bar. If you don't mind.

Great, the context menu should have actions like "Start text chat", "Start
audio/video chat" (show only if supported), "Send file..." (if supported),
"Contact properties" (probably another window, needs to be implemented and I
suggest to do it as a separate component), "Remove contact.." (with
confirmation) and then probably some groups handling...did I miss something?

Marty