Disconnecting accounts on network failure

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 19:47:02 CEST 2011

Just wanted to summarise a quick discussion that took place on IRC today.

kps_foo noticed that when the network disconnects (because you've
pulled out the network cable or whatever) the accounts appear to
remain online. You can even start a chat (which obviously then doesn't
do a lot).

[18:32] <d_ed> are connection managers meant to notice when the
network drops? Currently they are remaining showing as 'online'  in
KDE Telepathy (and apparently Empathy).
[18:32] <wjt> d_ed: not currently
[18:32] <wjt> d_ed: at present, Empathy monitors NM and tells the CMs
when to die
[18:32] <wjt> d_ed: it should probably live in Mission Control
[18:33] <d_ed> in your opinion should we make a daemon in KDE
Telepathy do the same (until functionality is added to MC)
[18:34] <wjt> i think it'd be better to spend the time adding the
functionality to MC

It may be worth considering adding this functionality ourselves in
some part of KDE especially if we want it in the first release. Can't
take that long with use of solid.

wyuka (our new developer \o/) is currently investigating adding
functionality to the MC. Which makes him a braver man than me.

Dave