Common stuff repository

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 23 12:22:17 CEST 2011

On 23 June 2011 09:39, Daniele E. Domenichelli
<daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/23/2011 01:14 AM, Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:
>> Since I believe that none of the components is "required" I propose to
>> create a "telepathy-common" or "telepathy-data" repository to install
>> the common knotify file. Note that this shouldn't be the same repository
>> for the library, since I believe that components that won't require the
>> library (if there will be any) may require this to be installed.
>

> Another option is to have a "main" repository to store all the common
> stuff and that fetches all the other components as git submodules with a
> build system that allows to choose which component download, build and
> install.

Let's not get carried away here. We need to solve this in the context
of how KDE-Telepathy is going to fit into the KDE main modules once it
finally lands there.

telepathy-kde, which contains the library with all the code shared
amongst our applications will become a part of kdelibs (or a KDE
Framework or whatever kdelibs will be called by then). This means that
any of the rest of KDE-Telepathy *will* depend on it. Therefore it
will be a safe place to put anything which all or many of the other
components depend on. For the first release, I'd suggest putting stuff
in the contactlist temporarily since we have already decided that the
contact list will be a required component just in the first release.

--
George