kde-telepathy features for usage in KDE Plasma Educational Desktop GSoC

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 18:47:38 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 06/01/2011 03:11 AM, David Edmundson wrote:
> 3) The student machines must be able to authenticate with the teacher
> machines!(Does kde-teleapthy  provide some way for doing this? apart
> from each student using poplar IM services like Google Talk....)
>
> Use a popular IM service like Google Talk :-)

I'm not sure if that's what you mean, but you can install an xmpp server
on teacher's machine and let all the student's machines connect to that
server. That's also probably a good idea if you have a classroom,
because all xmpp traffic will be in the local lan and therefore you'll
get less latency.

Cheers,
 Daniele