Respond directly to incoming chats

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 19:42:38 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 18:52, Lasath Fernando <kde at lasath.org> wrote:

> Hmm.. I was beginning to think we shouldn't replace KNotification
> completely. Because then we'd be losing a lot of functionality
> (stacking notifications, being able to see past notifications etc).

Truth is you'd loose it in the sense that your chat notification history
wouldn't be with the rest of the notifications, but in a separate plasmoid.
Question is - is this good or bad thing?

Since you'd have the whole chat history in that plasmoid, I say it's a good
thing to have the IM separated from the rest of the notifications.

> Perhaps we can patch KNotification to allow us to put a custom
> notification widget in there?

That's also a way, I wonder what the plasma team would have to say about
this....should we CC them?

--
Marty K.