Release is closer than 6 bugs

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 16:47:10 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Daniele E. Domenichelli
<daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/07/11 23:46, Martin Klapetek wrote:
>> I'd like to encourage all of you responsible for these components to
>> find those missing few hours and zap those bugs. If you've done any
>> progress on any of these, please do commit your work or leave a comment
>> in the appropriate bugs about current state of things. If you don't have
>> any time left, please let us know, so someone else can take up that work.
>
> Hi,
> I'm sorry, but I've been really busy in the last days because I'm moving
> to the UK for a while (I'm leaving tomorrow morning)
> Also I bought a new laptop and I still need to setup a lot of stuff!
>
> I'll try to fix my bugs in the next few weeks, but feel free to help me
> if you don't have any bug to take care ;)
>

> Cheers,
>  Daniele

Breaking this down then:

270673: Support FileTransfer channel types

Dr Danz has done this. I don't know why it's not on RB / being merged.
I suggest someone adds it to RB whilst he is travelling.

270675: What to do about disconnecting when the contact list is closed

I believe mck182 is working on a temporary bodge that does what we want.

275230: Telepathy filetransfer handler works only sometimes

Meh, more users will help diagnose this. To be honest I don't really
see it as blocking. It is important to make sure it handles errors
correctly.

275717: Sort out the current icon mess

George K detailed what needed to be done, I haven't seen any progress
on this. Unless I hear an update I'll do this on Wednesday night this
week.

275718: Sort out the notifyrc mess

Nwoki started this, I'm supervising. Shouldn't be too difficult just
dull. (which is why I tricked nwoki into it \o/ )

275719: translated presence strings in the presence applet

Title of this is wrong, this is just a minor bug that it displays
"dnd" when the status is busy - and I think it would look better with
capital first letter. A five minute fix. I'll discuss with nwoki.

I'm not around at all Thursday->Monday. Also I'm generally a bit more
busy for the next 2 1/2 months.