Release is closer than 6 bugs

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 23:46:49 CEST 2011

Hi all,

we have only last 6 bugs left in the dependency tree[0] which blocks the
release. 2 of them are FileTransfer related, 2 of them are about mess in our
supporting stuff like icons or notifications, one is about missing i18n in
presence plasmoid and the last one is about the
disconnect-when-closing-contact-list, which I'm currently working on (on a
temp solution).

I'd like to encourage all of you responsible for these components to find
those missing few hours and zap those bugs. If you've done any progress on
any of these, please do commit your work or leave a comment in the
appropriate bugs about current state of things. If you don't have any time
left, please let us know, so someone else can take up that work.

Setting a fixed release date does not quite work (anyone remembers the date
17th May? ;), but let's put the date 27th July (Wed) in front of our eyes -
KDE SC 4.7 will be released that day. Let's have our release ready on that
date. If we make it right, people will start using it and we get more
users/contributors (we can take advantage of the 4.7 release - if we're part
of the release notes, the whole world will write about us, thus getting us
more people involved as they will be curious etc).

Keep in mind, that we need to give some time to packagers to do their work,
so we need to be ready at least a week early.

So let's go finish the last mile!

--Marty

[0] - https://bugs.kde.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=232378&hide_resolved=1