channel interface group

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 00:01:25 CET 2011

2011/2/11 David Edmundson <david at davidedmundson.co.uk>:
> This is really a question for George K, but I thought I'd keep everything on
> the ML in case anyone else knows.
> I've stolen KCall code for keeping a models of members in a chat into the
> text UI.
> However it didn't work out the box due to the following line:
>  if (
> channel->interfaces().contains(TELEPATHY_INTERFACE_CHANNEL_INTERFACE_GROUP))
> {
>    //do everything here
> }
> My group text channels that I've tested (IRC) don't contain that particular
> interface, yet all the calls
>  "channel->groupContacts()" all work correctly. If I remove this 'if'
> statement everything works.
> I don't want to just delete code without understanding it was for.

You can safely remove it. I think the Group interface is only
implemented if there are >2 people in the chat. Andre told me that the
Tp::Channel group-related methods are always adjusted to do the right
thing even if the channel doesn't implement the Group interface, so
there is no point in doing this check.