What should be in the contact list

Lasath Fernando telepathy at lasath.org
Thu Feb 10 11:09:27 CET 2011

> On 02/09/2011 10:27 PM, David Edmundson wrote:
> >  - A dialog for editing your "personal information", (alias, the XMPP
> > contact information)
> > I like how empathy does this with the dialog. I can't think of anything
> > better.
>
> What about having this in the presence plasma applet instead?

If this is specific to the user, then shouldn't it be tied with the
user account?
By that I mean it should be a KCM module.
Better yet, we use the user information that's in System Settings -->
Account Details --> Password & User account.
(Modify a few things within that module as necessary)
There should be some easy way to get to this from the Contact List
(and possibly a fallback if it's unavailable), but only if we do
something like this will it be truly integrated into KDE.

--
Cheers,
Lasath