KDE Telepathy on its way to Extragear

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 21:26:19 UTC 2011

Hello,

the KDE Telepathy project is pleased to announce that it has matured enough
to stand up and walk away from Playground. Today we moved several of our
repositories (and renamed them in the process) into kdereview for inclusion
in KDE Extragear. Namely:

 - ktp-accounts-kcm
 - ktp-approver
 - ktp-auth-handler
 - ktp-common-internals
 - ktp-contact-applet
 - ktp-contact-list
 - ktp-filetransfer-handler
 - ktp-kded-module
 - ktp-presence-applet
 - ktp-send-file
 - ktp-text-ui

This is the complete suite one needs to use Telepathy IM integrated into
KDE Workspace. For those of you who haven't heard about Telepathy yet -
it's a complete cross-desktop framework for instant messaging and VoIP
communication, developed mainly by Collabora.

KDE Telepathy team currently has 7 core developers with several 'season
contributors' and few Collabora developers hanging around and giving
advices. Project itself was started back in 2008 with very high increase in
activity near the end of 2010 and then skyrocketing through 2011.

We're very short of releasing third version (0.3), which is also first
beta. We plan to introduce Nepomuk as main contact storage in the next
release (June or July) and in the meantime we'll maintain 0.3 branch.

Thanks for all the support and happy holidays!
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer