facebook connection internal component error

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sat Dec 3 18:23:25 UTC 2011

It generally means you've managed to crash the underlying component
(congratulations!) , in this case a program called telepathy-gabble
that does all the talking to the jabber servers.

Unfortunately there's not a lot we can do without logs, so;

Log out of all your accounts and run this from the command line.
GABBLE_PERSIST=true GABBLE_DEBUG=all
/usr/lib/telepathy/telepathy-gabble and paste the output somewhere.
(note this log will contain informations on your address, and that of
all your contacts, so maybe just send it to me, or try and look for
any lines which are clearly errors.

Alternatively you can try getting a newer version of telepathy-gabble
by adding this PPA which contains upstream telepathy components
https://launchpad.net/~telepathy/+archive/ppa