Project Name

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 26 17:48:24 CEST 2011

> On Apr 26, 2011 1:37 AM, "David Edmundson" <david at davidedmundson.co.uk>
>> I thought it was decided the meeting before last that we don't need a
>> name. We just go with "KDE Instant Messaging" where we need to say
>> something. The point being that we integrate into the everything rather than
>> being a standalone project.

David is correct - at some point we agreed that the project shouldn't
have a name (at least that is visible to users). However, in some
recent IRC discussions I removed my objection to having some form of
one-word name for the project only for developers (ie the actual
binary's and library's and code repos etc would have that name). The
reason I was persuaded this is a good idea was because the whole
KDE-Telepathy vs TELEPATHY-KDE thing was becoming such a hassle and it
would be nice just to have some 1 word name of our own (a bit like how
Telepathy stuff in gnome is generally empathy-foo rather than
telepathy-gnome-foo).

Anyway, just because I have come round to this doesn't make it a
foregone conclusion - I don't recollect being the only person
objecting to branding the project - and I certainly don't want to see
any project name creeping into user-facing parts of the project.

--
George