Models and dataengines

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 20:58:58 CEST 2011

On 04/06/2011 07:47 PM, Ivan Cukic wrote:
> This is something that I don't know whether you have been following, so
> I'll write a brief summary of what we are currently doing with
> activities/nepomuk/zeitgeist.
>
> We'll be tracking which resources (in this case pimo:Person typed
> resources) are accessed and when. Thus allowing us to do the rating
> automatically (like Amarok does for the songs) by using the count and
> recentness of the access event.
>
> The fun stuff (for me) is that the scoring will be unique per-activity - so
> in this case when you are in the 'Work' activity, you'll get the work
> people in the contact list first (people you contacted previously during
> the Work activity), and when you are in the 'Leisure' activity, you'll get
> your friends.

This is really cool and I can't wait to see just my work contact on my
shelf in my work activity ;)

Is it be possible to do the same with IM accounts? The user and target
person may have several IM accounts (each is associated to a nepomuk
resource), so when you start a chat with a person, you need to choose
which one of your online accounts to use and which one of target
contacts that are online and that are "buddy" of your account.

And is there a way to let the user choose his favourites or to boost the
score for some of his friends instead of using automatic score?

Daniele