Models and dataengines

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 13:26:26 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Ivan Cukic <ivan.cukic at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is a followup of http://tinyurl.com/telepathy-shelf and David's
> comment:

> > Feel free to get in touch with us (The KDE Telepathy project) anytime,
> > we’ve got some really useful models to use (and model filters). Plus
>
> So, first of all, I'd like to ask about the 'useful models'* - are those
> planned to be in a library (libktelepathy, decibel... or whatnot) or just
> to be a reusable piece of code lying around.
>
> Decibel is a dead project. Don't mention it.

> What is the current state of those and where can the code be found?

We are planning two releases of KDE Telepahty.

The first one (in about a months time) will be releasing with the basic
functionality,
Then at the end of September(tbc) we aim for a second bigger release with
the nepomuk integration and the concept of meta-contacts - which is what
libkdetelepathy is for.

The models I talked about are currently in the contact list code:
You'd want accounts-model, contact-model-item, account-model-item,
tree-model-item and account-filter.model

However in a few days we're starting a new library to use for the first
release and I'll put the models in there.

We also have a proper plasma data-engine for managing the presence
(online/away/offline etc) for your accounts, and have a working applet for
that.

We do not currently have anyone working on a dataengine for contacts.