Models and dataengines

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Apr 6 11:42:30 CEST 2011

Hi all,

this is a followup of http://tinyurl.com/telepathy-shelf and David's
comment:

> Feel free to get in touch with us (The KDE Telepathy project) anytime,
> we’ve got some really useful models to use (and model filters). Plus

So, first of all, I'd like to ask about the 'useful models'* - are those
planned to be in a library (libktelepathy, decibel... or whatnot) or just
to be a reusable piece of code lying around.

What is the current state of those and where can the code be found?

* anything that will save me from yet another set of IM APIs (I got a bit
ill from psi and java's smack) :)

> some really exciting future plans to map not just individual IM
> contacts, but aggregated people from using data from all sources.

When you say 'aggregated', does it imply akonadi as well? That was one of
the initial ideas I had for Lancelot[1] (and Shelf obviously) - to show a
list of fav contacts - whereas if a contact is online, clicking on it
would bring up a chat dialogue, and if not, it would start kmail and
create a new e-mail.

Cheerio,
Ivan

[1] http://lancelot.fomentgroup.org/main

--
Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people from coughing.
  -- Sir Ralph Richardson