Adding/Approving/Removing Contacts

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 02:44:15 CEST 2011

On 03/31/2011 10:53 PM, David Edmundson wrote:
> I think "add contact" should go in the contact list, as it makes sense
> to open that to alter your contacts. Same for removing them.
> (I have a patch for this, waiting on Martin's merge)
> In future we have DrDanz's KJobs for doing this all with all the nepomuk
> jazz, and my "add user dialog" could be made shareable.

Actually Dario wrote the add and remove contact jobs ;)

> The issue is "approving contacts" (or to use the correct
> term presencePublicationRequested) when someone else adds you. Telepathy
> is always running and you may be signed in regardless of whether you
> have the contact list open. In this happens someone needs to notify the
> user of this event.
>
> I was discussing with George K that this should go into the approver,
> it's always running all the time and communicates via KNotify. It seems
> a sensible choice (even the name fits)

+1

The only other process that should be running all the time is
telepathy-nepomuk-service and It doesn't really fit there.

Anyway what happens if you have two processes listening to the
presencePublicationRequested signal? Is there any way to block the
signal like with the approval of the channel or you will get two popups?

Cheers,
 Daniele