Model for contacts in a Channel

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 15:03:33 CEST 2010

On 10/07/2010 12:19 PM, George Goldberg wrote:
>> I'm writing to ask:
>> is this still the case? is anyone working on such a model? If not, does anyone
>> object to me writing something?
>
> We discussed this a lot at the sprint. The situation is, we need
> something like the PersonSetModel, but for ContactSet (since the
> people in a chat are "Persons" but you are chatting to a particular
> Contact).

We also said that we would like to have a class KTelepathy::Channel that
wraps Tp::ChannelPtr and allows to retrieve a KTelepathy::ContactSet

Also channels might want to store information relative to the channel like:
 - Status on the channel (for all channels): joined, pending local,
   pending remote. (Probably we want also convenience methods to get
   a ContactSet for each group?)
 - DBus Name (for dbustube channels only)

So we want to add some method to KTelepathy::Contact to store/retrieve
data relative to a channel

I wanted to implement this but I have too few time a the moment :(

> I'd quite like to take on this task if that's OK? I'll work on it
> tomorrow and early next week, and should have something basically
> working for you by the time we're migrated to git :)

OK :D

 Daniele