Hello world!

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 23:00:49 CET 2010

Hi all,

my name is Martin Klapetek and I'm a college student doing a diploma thesis
for Red Hat about instant communications in KDE and Fedora, part of which
should be coding some stuff for kde-telepathy. Officialy I'm supposed to
start from February, but of course I want to dive in as soon as possible
(and I can't wait! :), but I'm still finishing some work on digiKam (few
bigger tasks), which I'd like to finish first (about two-three weeks).

But in the meantime, I'd like to get myself familiar as much as possible
with current kde-telepathy. I've read the Telepathy specs on freedesktop.org,
I've gone through http://community.kde.org/Telepathy and I'm also familiar
with how to build the code. But to speed things up a little, could someone
please give me some brief overview about the kde-telepathy
design/architecture etc? Also, what would be the best place to start looking
into the code?

Thanks!
Marty