Thoughts and planning about KCall's future

Andre Moreira Magalhaes andrunko at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 16:27:22 CEST 2010

Heya,

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 4:13 PM, George Kiagiadakis
<kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Currently I am mostly interested in converting existing code
> to work with the Call.DRAFT interface, before it becomes stable, so
> that I have a chance to find possible problems in its design and make
> sure that it will rock when it becomes stable! :)
Just to clarify here. TelepathyQt4 already supports Call.DRAFT, so you
have 2 options here:

1 - Let your code as is and use the compat interface. In this case
applications already using the StreamedMediaChannel don't need to
worry about using Call.DRAFT or StreamedMedia interfaces. The only
change needed here is to add a call to
StreamedMediaChannel::acceptCall and you code should work fine using
Call.DRAFT. Note that with this option you will not have multiparty
calls support.

2 - Port to the new API, you will continue using the
StreamedMediaChannel class but using the new MediaContent class and
related methods. Also you need to call
StreamedMediaChannel::acceptCall for Call.DRAFT support to work.

Afaik there is a progress (or is it already implemented?) to make
Farsight2 support Call.DRAFT, but better check this with Tester.

If you have any question feel free to ping me on irc.

BR,
Andre

--
Andre Moreira Magalhaes (andrunko)