KDE Telepathy chat window

david at davidedmundson.co.uk david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 14:43:38 CEST 2010

Hey all,

I met a few people from the KDE-telepathy project at Akademy and made a
start on helping out.

I've finished a first itteration of a simple Telepathy Chat Window. It
connects to a single channel, recevies plain text messages, and sends
messages back through a standard but very simple interface.

I was planning to continue work on this - make it show when the user is
typing, gone offline, multiperson chats etc.

Then move on to following the plan outlined in the wiki page
(http://community.kde.org/Real-Time_Communication_and_Collaboration/Components/Chat_Window)
and make it themed like an existing Kopete chat window stealing code where
relevant.

I intend on building it all as a stand-alone application but bearing in
mind when designing being able to move the key code to a library at a
later date.

I'm posting for a few reasons:
 - To introduce myself to anyone I didn't meet at Akademy.

 - To see if anyone wants my current code/future code for their telepathy
testing purposes

 - To check that I'm not duplicating or getting in the way of other
people's work. This task is currently assigned to someone, but AFAIK no
work has actually been started?

David Edmundson