Reviews

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 19:26:25 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Daniele E. Domenichelli
<daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello George,
>

> On 12/09/2010 11:28 AM, George Kiagiadakis wrote:
>> I don't think reviewboard is fit for the job as their command
>> line tool doesn't work (at least for me) and it also doesn't track
>> commits from what I've seen in the current reviews that are on the
>> server.
>
> What's wrong with the command line tool? I didn't try it with git yet,
> but it was working well with svn.

% post-review --server=http://git.reviewboard.kde.org
Error creating review request: The repository path specified is not in
the list of known repositories (HTTP 200, API Error 206)

> I think that reviewboard is the right place for announcing that there is
> something to review. It sends automatically e-mails to this mailing
> list, so everyone here is notified when a new review is added.
>
> The lack of commits tracking is a big limitation though... Until
> reviewboard gets a full git integration, we could try adding to the
> review request a link to a branch somewhere, so that it is possible to
> clone it and to check the commits one by one. The review should be on
> the reviewboard though...

Ok, agreed, if I get that post-review script working, I think this is
an acceptable solution.

>> Furthermore, we need people to review. I can do it for others. Is
>> there anyone to review my stuff?
>
> What do you need to review? I think I can try to review the approver
> stuff, but I can't help you with KCall, because I don't know anything
> about, sorry.

Well, yeah, it's the approver and the call-ui (although the call-ui
code is in a somewhat weird situation right now: I discovered I am
doing some things completely wrong, so most of the code in my branches
will need to be changed again, but still, it's in a better state than
the current master, which I bet doesn't work at all).

Soon I will also have other stuff as I am planning to start porting
other modules to tp-qt4 0.5, starting from the accounts kcm.

Regards,
George