Status

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 11:02:07 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 1:55 AM, Pau Garcia i Quiles
<pgquiles at elpauer.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What's the status of Telepathy in KDE? (i. e. how mature it is? is it
> too early to use it for applications? when will it graduate from
> playground?)
>
> I'm having some problems with Kopete and I was wondering if going full
> Telepathy would be the solution.

Hello,

I don't think the project is ready to replace kopete yet. Currently
you may not even be able to build all components, as we are
transitioning from telepathy-qt4 0.4 to 0.5 (which is
api/abi-incompatible with the previous version). We aim to have some
preview release early next year and hopefully be ready for inclusion
in KDE 4.7.

Regards,
George