Where are we at?

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 16 17:42:28 CEST 2010

Hi folks,

As you've probably noticed, Dario Freddi has joined the Telepathy/KDE
project in a big way recently. The project has gained a lot of
momentum over the last few weeks, and things have suddenly started
happening a lot faster than before. As a result, I think we need to
take stock again of who's working on what.

1) The Contacts List App is progressing well, with a lot of the needed
features (although it's still got plenty to be going on with in the
realms of meta-contacts, appearance and usability). Dario is doing
most of the work there, with a bit from me from time to time.
Integration-daemon is in a similar shape.

2) The Text-Chat GUI. Matt, you were hoping to make a start on that
before. How's it going? Would you like an extra pair of hands there
too?

3) History. roide, you had plans with regard to this. How's that
going? What are your intention with it?

4) Accounts KCM. This works OK, but I'm really not happy with it. I've
put a huge amount of work into creating a better design for it, but
since I have exams coming up, it's on hold. I'll be working full-time
on Telepathy/KDE again come July though, so it'll get under way again
then.

5) Protocol side bindings. These don't exist. Is there any desire for
them? ie. is there anyone on this list who is itching to write a
Telepathy connection manager in Qt for some protocol not yet (well)
supported by Telepathy?

6) Anything major I've forgotten here?

Cheers,

George