[Kde-teaching] [WikiFM] Learning Qt programming from KDE

Sandro Andrade sandroandrade at kde.org
Tue Sep 8 18:09:51 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 12:35 PM, Franklin Weng
<franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Sorry for the delay.  I was too busy these days and forgot that I should
> send a mail to you.
>
> Last Thursday we didn't have any discussion on IRC.  Here I listed some
> discussion points about this course:
>
> What we need to fill now:
>  - Besides signal/slots, what basic concepts are necessary for Qt/KDE
> programming?

I'd start with the basics of C++ first, then Qt's meta-object
features, parentship,
memory ownership, signals/slots, QVariant, overview of collections,
copy-on-write
and implicit sharing, and basics of moc and qmake. I guest that would
be an appropriate
Qt introduction module.

>  - Listing junior jobs

Qt-only or already related to KDE?

>  - Advanced Qt programming concepts and their KDE examples

What about approaching that by providing small tuturials for some of
the frameworks in KF5?

Cheers,
Sandro