simon any working base models?

Shervin Emami shervin.emami at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 23:25:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have also been trying to get Simon to work in the past few weeks (it's my
first time using Simon), and I've been having the exact same problem. I
have tried Simon on Linux Mint 17 KDE, Linux Mint 18 DE, Ubuntu 16.04,
Kubuntu 16.04, and Debian Jessie KDE. In all those distributions, I tried
the default "simon" package. I've also tried building Simon myself from
source but either it had the same problem or I wasn't quite able to build
it correctly. I have tried all 3 of the base models that show up in the
dialog box in Simon when you click the "Download" button. I've also tried
manually downloading the files and adding them manually.

But in ALL situations mentioned above, I still get the same problem, that
Simon doesn't accept any (English) base model. I haven't tried any German
base models, I wasn't sure if it would be useful to do that or not if I
only speak English. But I haven't tried installing HTK or importing all the
individual files to generate a base model (since I don't know here to find
those files).

What do you recommend we do?

Cheers,
Shervin Emami.