KF5/Frameworks patch

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Thu Aug 27 09:47:11 UTC 2015

Am Mittwoch, 26. August 2015, 18.01:40 schrieb Frederik Gladhorn:
> Hi Michael,

Good morning Michael and Frederik

First thanks a lot, Michael, for the work on the kf5-port and Frederik for
taking care and taking look at the patches.

> I haven't looked at the patch in detail, but thanks a lot!
> Peter (the main author) is going to be less involved with Simon from what I
> can tell, so we'll have to figure out how to proceed. I certainly want to
> see it run on KF5 :)

As you might have read Peter's blog:
http://grasch.net/node/192?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss
As the only participant in his workshop and quite some mail exchange he handed
the maintainership over too me recently (I should still blog about it and
change the bugs default assignee to me etc.). But sure I'm very interested in
this topic but need to get in slowly into the code and development it'll take
some time.

And another thing is that I'm currently quite occupied with the organization
of the Randa Meetings that start in a little more than a week. So currently my
goal is to get an announcement about maintainer change out and change
administrative stuff like the bugzilla default assignee and answering current
mails like this ;-).

> I suppose we should create a kf5 branch for now to get the patch in and
> make it possible to test your work easily. If you plan to contribute
> regularly, an account would make sense of course.

+1

> As for Phabricator, I'm all for it. If anyone has some time, let's get
> Simon on there ASAP, it's the direction all of KDE will go.

That's on my todo list as well but I think KDE might change soon to
Phabircator by default. So let's see if I can fix this before the meetings.
Then I'll of course mail here.

> In the end it's just about finding someone to coordinate with the sys
> admins. Since I care about Simon, I want to help, but I tend to be too
> busy to get any actual work done these days.
> Let us know if you need any advice for the tasks.

Good to know that there is your help, Frederik and thanks again Michael for
your contribution.

More to come and feel free to ask further questions
Mario