Simon Debian packaging

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Sun Dec 7 23:47:53 UTC 2014

Am Montag, 08. Dezember 2014, 00.25:17 schrieb Shawn Sörbom:
> Hello,

Morning Shawn

> I was wondering if the issues keeping simon from being a debian package
> have been fixed?  As I recall, there was an issue with julius licensing
> that was holding back progress. I was under the impression that julius can
> be replaced with CMU-sphinx in the latest builds. If nobody else is
> interested, I would like to try to get Simon into debian-experimental so
> that there is a clear path to stable once simon is ready. I could start
> working on this in ~1.5 weeks.

As far as I'm informed the licensing problems are gone and there is even some
progress in packaging Simon for Debian:
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-kde/kde-extras/simon.git/

You'd best ask Maximiliano Curia on the debian-qt-kde mailing list of Debian.

> Thanks,
> Shawn Sörbom
> PS. How is text dictation progressing? as a Dragon Naturally Speaking user
> I have been awaiting news on this feature with great interest.

It's a bit stalled atm but Peter might know about the current plans.

Thanks
Mario