Simon Debian packaging

Shawn Sörbom shawn at sorbom.com
Sun Dec 7 23:25:17 UTC 2014

Hello,
I was wondering if the issues keeping simon from being a debian package have
been fixed?  As I recall, there was an issue with julius licensing that was
holding back progress. I was under the impression that julius can be replaced
with CMU-sphinx in the latest builds. If nobody else is interested, I would
like to try to get Simon into debian-experimental so that there is a clear
path to stable once simon is ready. I could start working on this in ~1.5
weeks.
Thanks,
Shawn Sörbom
PS. How is text dictation progressing? as a Dragon Naturally Speaking user I
have been awaiting news on this feature with great interest.