Qt5.x IVI Speech Recognition

Peter Grasch peter at grasch.net
Tue Apr 29 12:13:16 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 07:24:30 AM Ramakanthreddy Kesireddy wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your response.
>
> I followed
> http://userbase.kde.org/Simon/Development_Environment#Requirements to
> install simon on linux.
>
> As Ubuntu is Debian based system, installed the below packages as mentioned:
>
> Debian based Systems:
> sudo apt-get install git build-essential cmake gettext gettext-kde
> kdeartwork libqwt-dev \ kdelibs5-dev libxtst-dev libqt4-sql-sqlite
> libphonon-dev libattica0.3 libattica-dev zlib1g-dev \ libasound2-dev julius
> libpocketsphinx-dev libpocketsphinx1 sphinxtrain libsphinxbase-dev \
> libsphinxbase1 sphinxtrain-dev
>
> However, the above created K-Desktop and facing issues in logging onto
> Ubuntu 13.10.
>
> Is it possible to make simon work without K-Desktop?
Frankly, if installing this made Plasma Workspaces ("K-Desktop") your default
choice, Ubuntu is *incredibly* broken.

However, you should still be able to simply select the desktop environment you
want to launch in the greeter (the thing that shows the login mask when you
start the system). How this works exactly depends on your greeter and as I
don't use Ubuntu I can't help you there but you will be looking for something
saying "options" or maybe some small arrow that indicates a menu. You should
then get a selection what environment to log into. I am assuming you are used
to "Unity", so select that.
You do *not* need a full plasma desktop to run Simon.

Best regards,
Peter