How can I contribute and questions about OISDVC 99openIP

YES NOPE9 yes at nope9.com
Sun Apr 20 21:07:07 UTC 2014

Hello Peter ( and other contributors ) ,

I would like to help your effort if there is anything I can do.

I am planning to create an OpenIP Speaker Dependent Voice Commander ( unless one already exists ! ).  The #OISDVC will ultimately be installed on a PCDuino * ( PCduino.com ) running Ubuntu on an ARM processor.  This will be used for Wearable Body Computing (#iBodComp   #WIoT  ).  The speech processing will be part of the core device and the core device will talk to other satellite bodies located on the body ( glasses , wrist , ear , throat, etc. ).  When the user wants to issue a command, the OISDVC will be notified ( how this happens is not yet defined ) and the user will speak a command.  The commands will be designed to make the probability of a correct interpretation as high as possible.  This will most likely involve some verification on the part of the user.

======= EXAMPLE ===========
A sequence might be .....
Trigger command mode by user doing a double wink
User hears acknowledgement "wink beep"
User says "Display" "Input" "Fiver" "One" "Duh - Un"
User hears "Enable Display Input Fiver One"   beep
User says "Ack"
User hears a confirmation "ack beep"
Google glasses show the data from a Digital MultiMeter that has the ID "Fiver One".   Data is most probably delivered wirelessly to the iBodComp and the IBod forwards the data to the glasses.

Do you recommend I look at PocketSphinx ( I have been lurking on the list ) or have you done something I would find more useful or is someone else already doing what I am talking about ?  Or am I nuts to try this ?  My results will be OpenIP.

Best
Gus in Denver   aka 99guspuppet
Cinternational.com

* Other processors and hardware may be considered if it gives me more of a chance to succeed.  I am very interested in ProjectAra.com / PhoneBloks .... although I do not plan to use their effort for a modular smart phone but rather a modular body computer that place phone calls as well as other tasks .