[KDE-Sonnet] language detection

Francisco Dellatorre francisco.dellatorre at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 19:34:56 CET 2007

Hello,

I am a KDE user and use it in multiple languages. I would like to get
involved in the effort to have KDE detecting the language I am using before
triggering the spell checker.

I have pursued a PhD in computational linguistics (though I still haven't
got the tittle!). BTW, my actual area of expertise is machine learning and
not linguistics.

I've written a lot of Python code, my C++ is rusty, and  I am currently
programming full time in Java.

Would anybody be so kind as to point to me:

1. how to get SVN access;
2. where to start reading the code;
3. Or pointing out which areas I could help improving?

By the way, is there a "KDE contributor newbie" guide somewhere?

Best regards,
Francisco