[KDE-Sonnet] dictionary service

Jordi mumismo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 16:02:34 CET 2007

What is expected from a Dictionary service?
Would it be a background thread? A library?
Would it include a thesaurus?

It is interesting to see what can Kdict do as for KDE 3.5.x:
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdenetwork/kdict/index.html

What else we need?
As for me, I would like something like language dependent search-plugins. A
couple of examples:
I would like to search a japanese letter by its strokes count, something
very Japanese/Chinese specific.
Other languages may let do guessed search  ( guess what verb you are looking
for if you didn't search for the infinitive)

I haven't taken a look to ktranslator, what are its extended functionalities
(when compared with kdict)?

--
Jordi Polo