[KDE-Sonnet] Spell server

Jacob Rideout jacob at jacobrideout.net
Mon Jan 29 10:59:58 CET 2007

> What I dream of doing:
> * Add the server as an Enchant provider so you could install enchant and
> never have to configure any spell checker ever again as long as theirs a
> server.  Plus even if you don't have the language on the server it would
> go out and use another server to do the checking.
> * Have servers able to upgrade to newer spell checkers magically.  And
> also add dictionaries that are requested relatively frequently.
> * Make a CSAPI spell checker that can use the server (And hell will
> freeze over :)

This sounds really interesting. I like the idea about submitting user
PWLs to a central database, this would allow us to create lexicons of
a language in real time as it evolves. This both useful to end users
and would be quite fascinating to researchers.

Has any of this been released yet? If so, where can the code be found?

Jacob