[KDE-Sonnet] [lingu-dev] Introductions from the KDE guy

Kevin Scannell kscanne at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 02:36:49 CET 2007

On 1/27/07, Daniel Naber <list2006 at danielnaber.de> wrote:
> On Friday 26 January 2007 15:04, Jacob R Rideout wrote:
>
> > How about instead have not <marker> tag, but having both
> > 'contextoffset' and 'length' attributes.
>
> I have no strong preference. As we have both "<marker>" working now I vote
> for that.

I just looked up the official XML spec here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/

and it is pretty clear that no "<" characters are allowed in attribute values:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#NT-AttValue

So I've swung from not caring too much to thinking we should definitely go
with "contextoffset" and "length" attributes, just so we'll be able to
validate --api
output with an XML parser.   It also means it will be able to be
displayed nicely in a browser.

-Kevin