[kde-solaris] ensuring KDE svn trunk builds on Solaris

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Nov 18 23:18:23 CET 2009

On Wednesday 18 November 2009, hajma wrote:
> 2009/11/18 Sriram Narayanan <sriram at belenix.org>:
> > The Belenix team will ensure a run on Belenix everyday.
> >
> > I'll also co-ordinate with Hajma to see that we have a build on
> > Solaris or OpenSolaris.
>
> Hi,
>
> I've created an account (tropikhajma at gmail.com).
> I didn't see any kde project there so I tried to create one, but after
> creating KDE-Solaris, at the step for inviting users I got

There are
"kdesupport"
"kdelibs"
"kdepimlibs"
"kdepim"
"kdebase"
"kdenetwork"
"kdeadmin"
"kdeaccesibility"
"kdeexamples"

I can see them on my.cdash.org (although the layout is somewhat messed up
today), and I think you should be able to see them too and subscribe to them.

> Fatal error: Cannot redeclare make_seed_recoverpass() (previously
> declared in /clients/CDash-Pro/CDashPro-head/models/proInvite.php:194)
> in /clients/CDash-Pro/CDashPro-head/models/proInvite.php on line 192
>
> after clicking the submit(?) button. And I cannot see the project there.

I can see KDE-Solaris there now. But I think it should not be necessary, the
submissions should go to the per-module projects, so that e.g. kdelibs has
(in the future) the results for Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, OSX and maybe also
Windows.

> Anyway, in the meantime I only had a superficial look into the nightly
> script. I'm afraid we'll have to modify it a bit as the build system
> we have ATM is somehow specific.

Can you tell me more about that ?
To get the results to the dashboard, you have to run a cmake Nightly build,
and I think there is not that much what can be done differently.

> What about the other prerequisites from kdesupport, like akonadi,
> soprano, phonon, strigi?

In the script Nightlys-2.6.2 the first thing which is done is building and
installing all of kdesupport, so all that is there for the following KDE
modules.
What still has to be taken care of manually are the requirements like e.g. Qt
and other things.

Alex