[kde-solaris] http://solaris.kde.org refesh

Stefan Teleman stefan.teleman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 18:03:34 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:17, hajma<tropikhajma at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/7/27 Stefan Teleman <stefan.teleman at gmail.com>:
>> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 04:28, hajma<tropikhajma at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> My priorities are:
>>
>> *YOUR* priorities ??
>
> yes, my priorities. I don't have anybody else's priorities. I devote
> my own time to the project so what I do I do based on my own
> priorities.

Really.

So the priorities of the KDE Solaris project do not concern you,
because you work on this on your own time.

That's an interesting attitude.

For your information, everyone involved with this project works on it
on their own time.

>> ASAP!
>>
>> Yes, SIR! I'll get on that right away, SIR!
>
> hey, I would fix it myself if I had the powers. I don't have a clue
> who has them - there is no such information on the pages or it's well
> hidden. From your replies it seems one of the persons is you, but,
> unfortunately, you prefer to mutter sarcastic comments to either
> copy-paste something someone else did or give useful comments.
> Just let me know if you answered yes to any of the below questions,
> please and I'll not bother you again.
>
> Do you find current state of http://solaris.kde.org acceptable? YES/NO
> Do you have the time and will to update it? YES/NO
> Do you mind others updating it, even if that means the pages will not
> be 150% perfect? YES/NO

I'd say 100% perfect would be enough.

However, the design you have proposed is, in your own words, "crude
and ugly". That, in my mind, doesn't qualify for 100% perfect.

So the answer is: you're nowhere near 100% perfect, by your own admission.

If you want to be taken seriously, come up with a design which  you
don't consider "crude and ugly", propose it, let everyone take a look
at it, and let everyone comment on it.

If you don't want to do this, then don't expect to be taken seriously.

Just because you put together 3 "crude and ugly" html pages in
OpenOffice doesn't mean all of us have to jump and agree to it.

Stefan Teleman
KDE e.V.
stefan.teleman at gmail.com