[kde-solaris] http://solaris.kde.org refesh

hajma tropikhajma at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 10:28:37 CEST 2009

2009/7/27 Stefan Teleman <stefan.teleman at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 19:17, hajma<tropikhajma at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> KDE 4.3 is about to be released yet the first page coming up in google
>> query for "kde solaris" is http://solaris.kde.org with 5 years old
>> info on KDE 3.4.
>>
>> Could someone with the powers refresh the pages along the attached
>> proposal? I only did the first three, they are the most critical I
>> believe. I know it's crude and ugly, - patches are welcome.
>
> I think that the first thing you would probably need to do, is to
> propose a design which you yourself do not describe as "crude and
> ugly".

hm, probably I should have rephrased it:
"The design is not really good for the 3rd millenium  and Web 2.0, as
it's the same as the old one - patches are welcome." :-)

> Very few would be interested in rebuilding a web site with a new
> design, when the original author of this new design promotes it as
> "ugly, but hey, feel free to make it better and send me patches".
>
> What would be the incentive to change here ? Make it look worse ?

My priorities are:
1. Valid and uptodate information
2. Clean, non-confusing
3. Amount of information
x. Design

Currently people googling for kde on solaris will come to the
conclusion we're still in the 3.4 age and go shopping somewhere else.
This should be solved ASAP as KDE 4.3 will be announced August 4 and
there will be some wave of interest.