[kde-solaris] [kde-discuss] Packages for x86 Nevada i386 available
swalker at opensolaris.org
Wed Jan 28 21:42:03 CET 2009
Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> Hi Brett,
> On Wednesday 28 January 2009 17:53:16 Albertson, Brett wrote:
>> Same issue with xine-lib (it makes KDEbase-runtime impossible to pkgadd).
>> I shortened its description in KDEbase-runtime/install/depend and updated
>> the chksum.
> Wow, that's pretty fundamental (and broken in pkgadd). Do you have an idea
> what the maximum length is so that we can check for it in future? I'll shorten
> the descriptions of xine-lib and gnupth to avoid this for now.
> New packages will be built, but it will probably be for KDE 4.2.0.
The documentation on docs.sun.com notes the many limitations of the SVR4
package format. However, summarized they are:
* 32 characters for package "names" (PKG in a prototype file); the first
character cannot be numeric.
* 256 characters for package "summary" (NAME in a prototype file)
* 256 characters for package "version" (VERSION in a prototype file)
* 256 characters for package "description" (DESC in a prototype file)
* 16 characters for package "category" (CATEGORY in a prototype file)
* 256 characters for package "vendor" (VENDOR in a prototype file)
* 256 characters for package "email" (EMAIL in a prototype file)
More information about the kde-solaris