[kde-solaris] Packages for x86 Nevada i386 available

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Jan 27 23:31:34 CET 2009

I know, I know, I've posted similar messages before. But at
http://solaris.bionicmutton.org/PKGS/nevada-i386/4.1.4/ (url not likely to
change) you can find tarballs of the packages for KDE 4.1.4 on Nevada (let's
say 101b or later, although all this was built on nv103). If you download
*all* of those tarballs (749M) you get all of KDE 4.1.4 plus a bunch of
translations. You can download a subset if you're careful; I would suggest
getting FOSS* and KDElibs and KDEpimlibs and KDEbase-* and KDEdt-integration
or KDEgdm-integration as a first step. KDEhier you can skip.

Then get the corresponding specfiles. Those are

http://solaris.bionicmutton.org/hg/kde4-specs-dev/archive/5af7f9c0dbd2.tar.bz2

(I have created a branch in kde4-specs-dev, but I don't know how to write a hg
web interface URL that gets 'the latest on branch X').

If you are using the regular hg repo cloned from kde4-specs-dev, you can

hg up -r kde-4.1.4

to switch to the KDE 4.1.4 branch; use

hg up -r default

to switch back to the main branch, which is now moving towards KDE 4.2.0.

Please, someone try this and write it up on techbase.

[ade]