[kde-solaris] Need instructions to build KDE-3.5.10 on Solaris 10.

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Jan 5 19:56:41 CET 2009

On Monday 05 January 2009 16:59:24 Atiqur Rahman wrote:
> I am new to Solaris. All I loved was KDE as Desktop Environment. So I
> wanted to build KDE on Solaris. As it requires qt I tried to install
> qt-3.3.8 (got from toll-trech) as it's giving me errors(I posted on
> previous mail).

KDE3 will build given enough massaging and effort; if you want KDE3 I really
recommend you just go get Belenix, since they have solved all of the build
issues and make a nice (installable) liveCD with KDE 3.5 on it.

You might also be able to find their build scripts.

Bear in mind, though, that KDE3 is no longer actively developed (though it is
maintained) and for Solaris we should aim more at KDE4 as a good stable future
than anything else.

[ade]