[kde-solaris] [kde-discuss] KDE 4.1.4 IPS packages for OSOL 2008.11

Jan Hnatek Jan.Hnatek at Sun.COM
Mon Feb 9 11:07:32 CET 2009

Hi Michael, Adriaan,

thanks for the tip. It did help, but this solves the problem
without a reboot
# svcs -x
# svcadm clear nwam

I encountered the problem with unlocking the screen. Did you
figure out which binary needs suid? Adding +s to
/opt/kde-4.1/lib/kde4/libexec/kcheckpass didn't help.

There's a couple of other bugs, but otherwise I'm impressed.

Random list of problems I've seen:
- the "Updating System Configuration" dialog end in an endless loop
  (upon saving in Menu Editor or in panel icon modification)
- keyboard randomly locks and mouse behaves as if Alt is pressed
   this seems to happen only after the above one
- system activity window is not displaying any processes (Ctrl-Esc)
- nwam tray monitor is started multiple times

I had to enable "force fonts DPI" to 96 to have acceptable appearance in
most applications, just thunderbird could use an exception. I don't know
how to do this (normally layout.css.dpi), since it's being overriden by
KDE.

And this page
http://anojrs.blogspot.com/2008/01/disappearing-panel-in-kde-4.html
proved useful since I managed to remove the panel once.

Unfortunately, I only have limited amount of time to play with this
and investigate the issues. I was however thinking of creating a clone
from the repository, so that more people can try this and hopefully
help. What to you think?

Thanks & regards,
hnhn

--